If you missed the Dr. Oz Show for Monday, February 13th, this is your full recap. Today, Dr. Oz is going to show you how with little effort, you can achieve big results by super charging your body.
Jumpstart Your Body
Tim Ferrais is the self-proclaimed human guinea pig, he tested all the theories on himself for his book The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman. Today he’s here to give you the tips to jumpstart your new routine.
Super charge your metabolism: The Five Minute Deep Freeze – A three to five minute cold shower can activate your metabolism because it gets rid of the brown fat.
Super charge your mood: The Kimchi Kickstart – it repopulates the good bacteria in your stomach, which actually produces more serotonin than in the brain. You can also do sauerkraut and pickles if you don’t like spicy stuff. Take four to five spoonfuls.
Super charge your sleep: Butter before Bedtime rule – two tablespoons of almond butter before bedtime stabilizes your blood sugar which can make you tired if it’s too low. There’s also a sleep power position, if you lay with 90 degree arm placement and leg placement of your right side, laying face down.
Jumpstart Your Morning
Make these three changes to your morning routine to see big results:
1. Use an all-fat cream – you can lose two pounds of fat by using two tablespoons in your coffee.
2. Organic Yerba Mate Tea 25 Bags - it speeds your digestion and reduces fat absorption.
3. Extra Select Korintje Cassia Cinnamon–4 oz bottle (about one cup) - it reduces gaining fat, and stabilizes blood sugar.
Jorge Cruise, author of The Belly Fat Cure Fast Track: Discover the Ultimate Carb Swap and Drop Up to 14 lbs. the First 14 Days is here with five tips that take under five minutes to jumpstart energy.
1. Morning microwave muffin: 1/3 cup ground flax, 1 tsp baking powder, 2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp coconut oil, 1 egg, 1 packet stevia. Mix it all into a mug and microwave it for 50-55 seconds.
2. Lemon-limeade: 4 lemons, 3 limes, 1 tbsp stevia, mint. Stir it all together.
3. Natural blue light: look for 5000k+ bulbs to imitate daylight. You can get a pack here: Full Spectrum Light Bulb – ALZO 27W Compact Fluorescent – Case of 4 – Daylight Balanced 5500K – Pure White Light
4. Source Naturals Alpha Lipoic Acid 300mg, 120 Tablets: 200-400 mg per day to get more energy.
5. Plank while lifting one arm, called the Superman. Hold for one minute and alternate the other side. As you stand up it straightens your posture which keeps your body strong giving you more energy.
Jumpstart Your Libido
Dr. Laura Berman is here for five reasons for low libido
1. Dark chocolate
2. Half a pomegranate before bed
3. Pine nuts have zinc which promotes testosterone. Eat a handful a day.
4. Estrogen creams can help for painful sex which also lowers libidos.
5. Navitas Naturals Organic Raw Maca Powder, Incan Superfood, 16-Ounce Pouch increases arousal.
Fast Recipes Under 300 Calories
1. Fresh fruit parfait: 1/2 cup 2% Greek yogurt, 1 tsp honey, 1/2 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/4 granola, mint sprig. 270 Cal.
2. Vegetable frittata: 2 eggs, 1/4 cup red onion, 1/4 cup mushrooms, 1/4 cup red pepper, 1/4 cup baby spinach, 1/4 cup fresh tomato, chopped parsley.
3. Oatmeal grits: step 1: cook 1/2 cup steel cut oats with 1/2 cup farro in 1 cup chicken broth. Step 2: add 1/2 tsp hot sauce, 3 tbsp parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup blanched broccolini.